Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love it when...

...things don't always go the way they should you want them to.
Well. It's done. I am now, and have been for about 28 hours... 27 years old.
No, this is not a complaining blog. It's a thankful blog. Looking back when I was in high school I dreamed (like most girls I'm sure) that I would go to college, graduate in 4 years, marry my boyfriend of at least 2 of my college years, find a great job and live... happily.
Right now I am 27, starting my last semester of undergrad work after transferring 4 times in 9 years, and am looking at four months (and about $3,000) standing between me and walking down the aisle to say I do to the love of my life. Was it all worth it? In a word, yes.

1.Did I want to be done having kids by the time I was 30? yes.
Now... I'm hoping to have our first by then.
2.Did I want to graduate college in 4 years? Of course. (Who doesn't?)
Now... I am thankful that what I wanted initially didn't work out, because the education field is really NOT where it's at right now...
3.Did I want to marry my college boyfriend? Yes. What girl doesn't think/dream/hope about marrying their first love?
Now... I'm glad I didn't. Because even though we were good for each other... I know that God had someone else better planned for each of us. Like I was told (probably in high school): when you think of your perfect guy... God will blow him out of the water (figurative) if you just give Him a chance.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in things that we don't really see what's going on around us, we only see whats in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment