Wednesday, June 30, 2010

& love like craaazy

You may know this song. For me, it holds so much more than lyrics in a verse, it's a chorus. Stuck in my head and reverberating through my bones. Be a best friend. Tell the truth. Overuse I love you. Go to work. Do your best. Don't outsmart your common sense. Never let your praying knees get lazy. & love like crazy.
As I grow I learn more and more everyday what each of these mean. Today I am stuck on [tell the truth]. It's so simple and yet so difficult for so many people. When I was little I would lie sometimes... to my mom or dad, and they could see right through it. I don't have much of a poker face, and because it never worked for me... well, I stopped trying altogether. A good habit to have. I make a point of being honest with everyone around me, no matter if I've known you all my life or just two minutes. Ask me anything, and I will tell you what I know. If I don't know... I'll probably be able to direct you to someone who does.
My biggest issue with this [mainly today] is that I was unknowingly pulled into something that I had nothing to do with... and it was because someone was trying to cover their own tracks and victimize themselves for sympathy.
This ties in with [be a best friend] because that is something else that I strive for... loyalty. I am faithful to my friends, the people I know who will have my back, people I would defend to the ends of the Earth. I am loyal to my friends, and throughout a certain situation have tried my best to back my friend without getting involved... without getting in the middle of things. I have done what I thought was necessary, and stayed on the curb, and yet I still have gotten sucked in. Is it because I let myself?
Possibly. I have an issue with people who dislike me for no reason whatsoever. If you don't like me... fine. That's your decision, but at least tell me why. There are certain things... certain bait that I bite at. It's a flaw, and one that I am aware of...
Blameless? Maybe not... but I'm not one that goes out looking for trouble, drama... not a fan. Have an issue with one of my friends and I will stand beside or behind them for as long as necessary. Have an issue with me and I'll jump in the ring head-on...

No comments:

Post a Comment